Meet Dr. Reebye
Uday N. Reebye, MD, DMD
Dr. Reebye has a very extensive and comprehensive list of training and accomplishments. As a dual-degree Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Reebye has completed both medical and dental school, as well as an Oral Maxillofacial internship and surgical residency. He is an attending surgeon at Durham Regional Hospital, clinical adjunct faculty at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and is a member of the American Medical Association, the American Dental Association, the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Dr. Reebye attended Boston University School of Dental Medicine and completed his medical degree at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His surgical training includes an Oral Maxillofacial internship at Boston Medical Center, General Surgery Training at UNC-Chapel Hill and an Oral Maxillofacial Residency at Long Island Jewish Medical Center.
Whether he is working at his private office or is treating the underserved population at the Tri-County Community Health Center, Dr. Reebye’s main passion in life is helping people. He also enjoys education and teaching, which allows him to serve as an effective resource for many general dentists in the community. He often collaborates with other health professionals on clinical cases, sharing knowledge of his specialty of CT guided implant dentistry. In addition, Dr. Reebye has instituted an externship program within his private office, inviting several undergraduates to work with him, gaining valuable hands-on experience and a behind-the-scenes view of dentistry.
Dr. Reebye understands and embraces the importance of Continuing Education courses in the dental profession. He and his staff at Triangle Implant Center are sponsoring a series of Continuing Education Courses (www.trianglelectureseries.com). He has also authored numerous publications regarding his clinical interests, which include CT guided implant surgery and distraction osteogenesis.
Dr. Reebye and his wife, Laura, live in Chapel Hill with their daughters. He enjoys playing tennis, gardening, and traveling with his family. They remain true and dedicated Tar Heel fans.
Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery Certificate
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Stony Brook University Medical Center
New Hyde Park, NY July 2005- June 2007
General Surgery (PGY1)
University of North Carolina Hospitals
Chapel Hill, NC June 2004 – July 2005
Medical Doctor (MD)
University of North Carolina School of Medicine
Chapel Hill, NC August 2000 – May 2004
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency (PGY1)
Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Dental Medicine,
Boston V. A. Medical Center, Boston MA
Trained under Dr. Donald Booth and Dr. David Cottrell July 1998 – July 1998
Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston MA August 1994 – May 1998
University of British Columbia, Department of Microbiology, Vancouver BC
August 1992 – August 1994
Board Certification and Licensure:
Diplomate American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery February 2009
American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery written exam January 2008
North Carolina Medical License August 2007
New York Medical License April 2007
New York Dental License February 2005
North Carolina State Dental
Bicon Dental Implant Course December 2003
United States Medical Licensing Examination – Step 3 June 2006
United States Medical Licensing Examination – Step 2 December 2003
United States Medical Licensing Examination – Step 1 February 2003
North Carolina Board of Dental Examiners September 2001
North Carolina State Dental License September 2001
North Carolina State Anesthesia License
Basic Life Support June 2015
Advance Cardiac Life Support June 2015
Pediatric Advance Life Support for Doctors 2015
Advance Trauma Life Support for Doctors June 2004
Massachusetts Dental License September 1998
North West Territories/Nunavut Dental License June 2000
North East Regional Boards May 1998
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery In Training Exam (OMSITE) April 1999
National Board of Dental Examiners – United States Part 1 July 1996
National Board of Dental Examiners – United States Part 2 December 1997
National Board of Dental Examiners – Canada March 1998
OSCE – Canada March 1998
Owner Triangle Implant Center
Durham, and Mebane, NC
-Providing full scope Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Residency Training Experience:
Chief Resident Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park NY
University Medical Center, Stony Brook, NY
Veterans Hospital, Northport, NY
– Provided care for patients requiring major oral maxillofacial procedures including: maxillofacial trauma, orthognathic surgery, facial reconstruction, cleft lip and palate, implant, benign tumor resection and reconstruction, dentoalveolar and preprosthetic surgery.
July 2006-June 2007
Senior Resident Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
University Medical Center, Stony Brook NY
July 2005-June 2006
Boston Medical Center, Boston Veterans Hospital, Boston University School of Dental Medicine
• Rotations in inpatient and outpatient Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• 1 month rotation in Medical Intensive Care Unit
• 1 month rotation in Infectious Disease Clinic
• 3 weeks rotation in Neurological surgery
June 1998-July 1999
Tri-county Community Health Center, Newton Grove, NC
• Staff dentist, providing dental care to rural and underserved population of central and eastern North Carolina
• Teaching dental students on rotation from UNC School of Dentistry
• Involved in clinical HIV/AIDS research, May 2002 – present
Triangle Implant Center, Durham, NC
• Immediate loading of implants in the extraction site.
• Anesthesia outcomes of ambulatory oral surgery
• BMI and anesthesia risk in ambulatory setting
Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Worked under the supervision of Dr. David Cottrell to execute a clinical drug study on the reduction of PGE2 with the use of Ibuprofen and Dexamethasone.
Research Associate to Dr. David Cottrell
Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Reviewed and analyzed “General dentist referral patterns for oral surgical procedures.” 1996-1997.
• Investigated the microflora of third molar pericoronitis. 1995-1997.
Scholarships and Awards:
• UNC Whitehead Medical Society Award Recipient Most outstanding surgical resident 2005
• Kaiser Permanente Excellence in Teaching Awards (general surgery) 2005
• University of North Carolina School of Medicine Keith Scholarship. 2000-2004
• The Straumann Resident Scientific Research Award, AAOMS. 1999
• The American Academy of Oral Medicine Award. 1998
• Boston University School of Dental Medicine Predoctoral Research Achievement Award. 1998
• ADA/Dentsply Research Clinician Award. Represented Boston University at a table clinic
at the ADA 139th Annual Session in San Francisco, CA. 1998
• ADA/Dentsply Research Clinician Award. 1997
• Reiyukai Cultural Exchange Scholarship to Tokyo, Japan. 1994
• Reiyukai Youth Speech Festival Scholarship. Canadian delegate to Sao Paulo, Brazil. 1994
• British Columbia Provincial Scholarship for excellence in academics, 1992
• Gold medallist on the British Columbia provincial French exams, 1992
• British Columbia Francophone Games record holder in 100m and 200m sprint. 1994
Reebye,UN, Shroff, D., Fortier, W., Kirk, W., “Novel oral anticoagulants:comparative pharmacology and dental implications.” Dental Health: Current Research, accepted for publishing 2016
May, MC, Andrews, PN, Daher, S, Reebye,UN “Prospective cohort study of dental implant success rate in patients with AIDS.” International Journal of Implant Dentistry. 2016, 2:20
Reebye,U., Young, S., Davidian, E., Carnahan, J. “Efficiencies of Third Molar Surgeries With and Without an Anesthesiologist” Accepted Anesthesia Progress 2016.
Yancoskie AE, Reebye UN, Segal JD, Aldape Barrios BC, Velasco AA, Fantasia JE. “Congenital granular cell lesion of the tongue: a report of two cases and review of the literature” Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2015 Oct 21. pii: S2212-4403(15)01254-7. doi: 10.1016/j.oooo.2015.10.013
Mehra P, Reebye U, Nadershah M, Cottrell D. “Efficacy of anti-inflammatory drugs in third molar surgery: a randomized clinical trial.” Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013 Jul;42(7):835-42. doi: 10.1016/j.ijom.2013.02.017. Epub 2013 Mar 25.
Aarti Bhavesh Patel, Edward Davidian, Uday Reebye, (2012) Complicated Airway Due to Unexpected Lingual Tonsil Hypertrophy. Anesthesia Progress: Summer 2012, Vol. 59, No. 2, pp. 82-84.
Ronald Schneider, Uday Reebye, Christopher Choi, Doran Kalman “Seizure-like activity and prolonged central nervous system side effects after intravenous sedation.”J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008 Jun;66(6):1277-82.
Scott Blyer, Anthony Casino, Uday Reebye “Munchausen’s Syndrome: a case report of self induced temporomandibular joint subluxation.” J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007 Nov;65(11):2371-4.
Torres, Rafael, Reebye, Uday. “HAART compliance in rural North Carolina.” Accepted International Proceedings Immunology.
Reebye, Uday, Torres, Rafael, Harris, Horace, Cottrell, David. “Extraction outcomes in AIDS patients.” Accepted International Proceedings Immunology.
Torres, Rafael, Reebye, Uday. “Compliance to QD dosing versus BID/TID dosing of antiretroviral agents in rural North Carolina HIV/AIDS population.” Accepted for the AIDS 2004 XV International Conference.
Torres, Rafael, Reebye, Uday, Cottrell, David, Harris, Horace. “Post-oral surgical outcomes in AIDS patients.” Accepted for the AIDS 2004 XV International Conference.
Torres, Rafael, Cottrell, David, Reebye, Uday. “Ulcerative tongue lesion secondary to Cytomegalovirus.” Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society Fall 2004.
Dixon, Julian, Senior, Brent, Reebye, Uday, Cottrell, David. “Rhinosinusitis: Diagnosis, Management, and Dental Implications.” Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society, Vol. 52, No. 4, 50-52. Winter 2004.
Reebye, Uday, Reebye, Pratibha, Cottrell, David. “Mood Disorders and Dental Implications.” Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society, Vol. 52, No. 3, 38-42. Fall 2003.
Reebye, Uday, Ogunrinde, Olukayode, Cottrell, David. “Idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura presenting as gingival bleeding.” Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society, Vol. 52, No.2, 42-43. Summer 2003.
Reebye, Uday, Ollerhead, Thomas, Hughes, Christopher, Cottrell, David. “The Microbial Composition of Mandibular Third Molar Pericoronal Infections.” Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society, Vol. 51, No. 2, 48-51 Summer 2002.
Reebye, Nittin, Reebye, Uday “Stroke Following Dentally Induced Subacute Bacterial Endocarditis.” Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society, Vol. 50, No. 4, 56-57 Winter 2002.
Reebye, Uday, Hunter, Michael, Cottrell, David “General Dentists’ Referral Patterns for Oral Surgical Procedures.” Dentistry Online, http://www.priory.com/den/referrals.htm December, 2000.
Reebye, Uday, Cottrell, David: “The Use of IL-1b as an Objective Measure for the efficacy of Pharmacological Agents in Oral Surgery.” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Vol. 59, No. 8, 2001.
Tull, Gregory, Cottrell, David, Bahi, Kulminder, Boumadouche, Madi, Reebye, Uday: “Dental Practitioner Compliance with the AHA Bacterial Endocarditis Prophylaxis Recommendations.” Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society, Vol. 59, No. 3, 18-22 Fall 2000,
Reebye, Uday, Cottrell, David, Mizin, Alexei, Bahi, Kulminder, Cabral, Vivian: “Efficacy of Anti-Inflammatory Drugs in the Reduction of IL-1b in Third Molar Surgery.” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Vol. 58, No. 8, 75-76, 2000.
Cottrell, David, Reebye, Uday, Mizin, Alexei, Cabral, Vivian: “Clinical and Laboratory Correlation in the Reduction of IL-1b Levels using Anti-inflammatory Drugs.” ADSA Annual Session, Santa Fe, New Mexico, Meeting Handbook. April, 2000
Cottrell, David, Mehra, Pushkar, Reebye, Uday, Malloy, Jack: “Efficacy of Anti-Inflammatory Drugs in Third Molar Surgery: Laboratory and Clinical Correlation.” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Vol. 57, No. 8, 90-91, 1999.
Cottrell, David, Reebye, Uday, Bahi, Kulminder, Cabral, Vivian: “Microbiology of Mandibular Third Molar Pericoronitis Using Advanced Culture Techniques.” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Vol. 56. 1998.
Cottrell, David. Hunter, Michael. Reebye, Uday. Cabral, Vivian. Rubeiz, Tony. “General Dentist Referral Patterns for Oral Surgical Procedures.” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Vol. 55, No. 8, 119-120, 1997.
Reebye, Uday, Cottrell, David. “Microbiology of Third Molar Pericoronitis.” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Vol. 54; No 8, 110, 1996.
• Boston University Alumni Lecture “Immediate Implant therapy, simple to complex.” Boston, MA
• American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 98th, “Computer Assisted Dental Implant Therapy” Las Vegas, 2016
• The Lecture Series, Immediate Implant Surgery, Durham, NC 2016
• 3D Dentists Fixed Hybrid Surgery, Raleigh, NC 2016
• Boston University Dean Advisory Board, Boston MA, 2016
• Wake Pediatric Dental Society Study Club, Raleigh, NC 2015
•City Wide Clinical Symposium, Advances in Implant Therapy, Green Bay, WI, 2015
• Oral and Maxillofacial Reunion Lecture, Reverse All on 4 Therapy, Boston, MA, 2015
• Dental Society Meeting, Immediate Loading of Complex Implant Cases, Greenville,NC 2015
• Tar River Dental Society, Immediate Implant Therapy, Wilson, NC 2015
• Surgical Specialist Seminars, Team Approach to Complex Implant Therapy, Farmingdale, NY 2015
• Society of Implantology, Complex Implant Reconstruction, Republic of Mauritius, 2015
• Annual meeting of Colombian Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Medellin, Colombia, 2014
• Fixed Hybrid Surgery, Greenville, NC 2014
• American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 96st Annual Meeting in conjunction with Korean and Japanese society, Honolulu, Hawaii 2014
• Nobel Study Group, Nashua, New Hampshire 2013
• Boston Area Nobel Study Group, Boston, MA 2013
• Dr. Hiranandani Hospital, Mumbia India 2013
• American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 95st Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL 2013
• Lecture Series, Cary NC 2013
• Townee Dental, Las Vegas 2013
• Woehler Research Group conference, Aruba, 2012
• Triangle Dental Society meeting, Durham NC 2012
• Alamance Dental Society Meeting, Burlington, NC 2012
• Lecture Series/Live Surgery, Mebane, Durham NC 2011-2012
• Townee Dental Meeting. Las Vegas, NV 2012
• Absolute Dental Implant Conference, 2011
• Reimser grafting meeting, Hamburg, Germany 2010
• Lecture Series, Cary, NC 2010
• Townee Dental Meeting. Las Vegas, NV 2011
• Lecture Series, Durham, Cary, NC 2009
• Lecture Series, Cary, NC 2008
• French Society of Implantology, Mauritius, 2008
• Triangle Dental Society, Durham 2007
• The Lecture Series, Durham NC 2007
• American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Las Vegas, NV 2006
• Bicon 2005 World symposium, Boston, MA 2005
• AIDS 2004 XV International Conference, Bangkok, Thialand 2004.
• 33rd Annual John B. Graham Student Research Society, Student Research Day,
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, 2001
• American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 82nd Annual Meeting, Scientific Session and
Exhibition, San Francisco, CA. 2000
• American Dental Society of Anesthesiology Annual Session, Santa Fe, NM. 2000
• Boston University, Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Clinic Day. Boston, MA. 2000
• American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 81st Annual Meeting, Scientific Session and
Exhibition, Boston, MA. 1999
• Boston University Grand Rounds, Boston, MA. 1999
• Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Clinic Day. Boston, MA. 1999
• American Dental Association Annual meeting. San Francisco, CA. 1998
• American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 80th Annual Meeting, Scientific Session and Exhibition, New Orleans, LA. 1998.
• Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Clinic Day. Awarded the ADA Clinician Research scholarship,
Boston, MA. 1998.
• American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 79th Annual Meeting, Scientific Session and
Exhibition, Seattle, WA. September 1997.
• Boston University Graduate Student Symposium, Boston, MA. 1997.
• Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Clinic Day.
Awarded the ADA Clinician Research scholarship, Boston, MA. 1997.
• American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 78th Annual Meeting,
Scientific Session and Exhibition, Miami, FL.. 1997.
Clinical instructor Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine July 2005- July 2007.
Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Dental Ecology, UNC School of Dentistry.
Reebye, Uday “ Reverse All on Four: Treatment of combination syndrome.”
Reebye, Uday, Davidian, Edward “Efficacy in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with and without dental anesthesiologist.”
Leadership Positions/Community Service:
Tri County Community Health Center Newton Grove, NC
• Providing dental care to migrant workers in North Carolina. July 2002-2008
Whitehead Medical Society Admissions Committee UNC- Chapel Hill
• Participated in the selection process of entering medical students
Nunavut Health Services
Rankin Inlet, Canada
• Provided dental care to underserved Inuit communities of Arctic Canada. June 2000
• Provided dental care in a rural and underserved community in Honduras. February 2000
Community Health Educator
Beth Israel Hospital Family Van, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
• Educated patients on the importance of oral hygiene and general health. 1995-1997.
American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
American medical association 2007 – present
John B. Graham Student Research Society 2001 – present
Whitehead Medical Society 2000 – present
American Dental Association 1998 – present.
American Student Dental Association 1994 – 1998.
SCADA 1998 – present.
Massachusetts Dental Association 1998-present.
Doctors of the World 1999-present.
Fluent in English, French, and French Creole.